We take pride in keeping thewheelmen.org forum message board respectful, pleasant, and enjoyable for members of all ages. Please read the following guidelines before posting:
- Be respectful and courteous – Members will be respectful and courteous to other members and to the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry or foul language.
- Stay on topic – Don’t deliberately steer a thread away from the original poster’s topic. If a thread has inspired you to discuss something different, start a new thread.
- Report offensive posts – Report any post(s) that you find violates the Community Guidelines, do not police them yourself. Report questionable posts to the Administrator on the Members contact page.
- One user ID – Each member is allowed to register one account only. Paid membership in the Wheelmen is a pre-requisite. The Administrator will verify membership status before approving access. Multiple accounts will be removed and the user may receive an infraction or other action.
- Don’t engage with disruptive users/trolls/spammers – Don’t reply to posts by or otherwise engage in dialogue with a troll or a spammer. Report them to the Moderator or Administrator on the Members contact page.
- Keep private messages confidential – Private messages, along with other private correspondence, are not to be posted on the open forum without the permission of their original authors.
- Don’t post inappropriate photos – Any picture that would not be suitable for viewing at an average workplace should not be posted here, i.e. nudity and other adult themes are unacceptable. Please generally exercise discretion when posting pictures in keeping with the kind and courteous spirit of the forum. In case of doubt, please contact the forum Moderators or Administrator prior to posting in order to avoid disputes and misunderstandings. Any posting of images is subject to review, and the determination of what is acceptable is at the sole discretion of the Administrator Moderators and the leadership of The Wheelmen. They will take appropriate action should any picture be deemed to be offensive or aggressive, and their decisions are final.
- Don’t post private information – Please be considerate of other people’s right to privacy. Don’t post someone’s email address, phone number or other contact information without their permission.
- The Wheelmen are not responsible for the validity of ads for items for sale or services, we do not endorse any merchandise and all sales are private transactions requiring proper due diligence by the purchaser and seller.
- Welcome new members – If you see a new member making a post, please welcome them to thewheelmen.org. Be as helpful as you can in answering their questions in a respectful way.
Also please read and understand the following:
- Moderators’ and the Administrator’s decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a moderator before you submit your post. Membership of the forum can be revoked by the forum administration without any reason being given. Moderators and the Administrator reserve the right to delete any questionable posts pending additional request for documentation.
- The thewheelmen.org reserves the right to remove, at any time, any or all of your forum privileges if thewheelmen.org determines, at thewheelmen.org’s sole discretion, that you have violated our standards of behavior. Thewheelmen.org’s moderation is not a topic for discussion, decisions are made by club leadership and the Administrators and Moderators of this Forum, and are made in its best interest.
- Members are free to leave, but not free to change the history of a discussion. Members wishing to leave thewheelmen.org can do so by contacting the Administrator at any time. Their account will then be set to “inactive” and their posts will remain.
- Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary measures, which may ultimately include being banned from thewheelmen.org.
- These guidelines are subject to change without notice at the discretion of club leadership and the site Administrators.
- Access to the reference materials under the members only pages (including Bulletins, Magazines and PDF Attachments) is intended for the use of members of the Wheelmen and not to be transferred for commercial purposes.
Enjoy exchanging knowledge and information and sharing in this community of antique bicycle enthusiasts!