Author Topic: 1902 Ladies Hartford Model 32  (Read 3031 times)

Dick Rath

• View Profile
1902 Ladies Hartford Model 32
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:26:13 AM »
For sale is this recently restored 1902 Ladies Hartford Model 32 bicycle.  The restoration was completed by Time Machines, Ltd. and was done to a very high standard.  The frame and fork has been hand stripped to bare metal, carefully prepared for refinishing, given 3 coats of primer followed by 7 coats of gloss black Lacquer - hand rubbed between coats  afterwich was applied a very fine-lined hand pin-striping in gold enamel.  All bright metal has be re-nickel plated including front and rear hubs. The Maple rims were produced by Noah Stutzman and have inserts imbedded that allow beaded tires with inner tubes to be fit so the bicycle can be safely and smoothly riden when inflated to 50 PSI or up to 75 PSI. The rear fender (also produced by Noah) has received 6 coats of gloss lacquer. The wheels are laced with S.S. double butted spokes fit to 1" nickel plated nipples. The tires are black wall models made by Amsterdam Electra, they have no contrasting colored logos so they appear very period correct.  The leather handgrips are beautiful reproductions of the originals with polished brass ferrules. The Maple rear fender and chainguard have skirt guard lacing using tea-dyed 3/32nd parachute cordage in laced in the original pattern. The saddle is the original Garford Hygienic model that is in astonishing condition. Accessories include a period correct Majestic model carbide headlamp made by the Edward Miller Company; there is also a functioning seat-tube mounted tire pump.  The bicycle is a fixed gear model and it's Serial Number (as found near the top of the seat-tube) is #1276. The patent date (embossed on the brass head badge) is Nov. 12, 1888.

The price of $4,000. includes disassembly and  packing for shipment. Shipping charges to your zip code via Bikeflights.com are not included in the price.  Plan on between $200. to $400. depending on your distance from my zip code 32058 on the East coast of Florida. The bike may also be picked up fully assembled which would lower the selling price by $150; international shipping is also available via Bikeflights.com. Prices will be quoted upon receipt of destination information.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the bike either on this website, or my email (address: angelasgrandpa@aol.com) or by phone ) 518 339 7867

Dick Rath

• View Profile
Re: 1902 Ladies Hartford Model 32
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 01:59:20 PM »
FYI:  The 1902 Ladies Hartford Model 32 posted in my ad on January 18th has been sold to a buyer in Switzerland.

mike cates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »
Dick,
I have an original 1902 HARTFORD catalog with a beautiful and ornate colored cover which is rare for that time period if you or the new owner of your nicely restored machine is interested.
It would compliment it perfectly.
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:29:20 PM by mike cates »

Dick Rath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
Mike, I will pass this along to the buyer. He is in the process of collecting a wide variety of antique bicycles for display in a bicycle museum he intends to open when he retires in a few years.  He has asked to keep confidential his personal information and I have respected his wishes although I am not privy to his motive. 

mike cates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:23:22 AM »
Dick,
Thank you and also pass along to him that I have a LOT of antique bicycles, accessories, lamps, cyclometers, catalogs and sundries For Sale that I haven't advertised yet as well.
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.com