Author Topic: Publications Chairman Stephen Hartson still living?  (Read 2846 times)

58inchwheel

• View Profile
Publications Chairman Stephen Hartson still living?
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:16:13 AM »
I have tried to get in contact with Stephen Hartson for back issues of the Wheelmen Magazine.
Sent email Dec 6, called and left message couple weeks after that then mailed in an order form January 6th. Haven’t had a reply to any form of contact. Hope he is well?
Need issues # 82,83,84 & 85. Must be originals and excellent condition at a minimum.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:54:52 AM by 58inchwheel »
Brian Austin

DelombardR

• View Profile
Re: Publications Chairman Stephen Hartson still living?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:34:58 AM »
From Stephen via an e-mail since he is having trouble with his Message Board log-in:

I'm still alive.  Stuff is everywhere.  I bought my new house on Oct 4th, but haven't had time to move in.  Half of the Wheelmen stuff/magazines are there.  The other half here, at the "old" house.  Every time I have a showing, all the paperwork, mail, kids schoolpapers, etc, all gets thrown in a box & put away, to have a neat house. 

I'm sure I have Brian Austin's request, plus one from Dave Gray, and a few others, including one who pre-sent a check. 

I feel that I am doing a disservice to the Club, for not responding in a timely manner, for not updating publications, for not being more active in generating funds for the Club.   But, the club doesn't seem to have enough volunteers now.  I've put out feelers for a replacement.  Carey mentioned he has storage space, but that's not necessarily the problem.  I don't know who in the club would take on the storage space PLUS Sales job.  Someone that will be at Copake, & National Meets to sell, plus be on the watch for buying old/rare issues back for the Club, to sell at a premium.  So, I muster on, when I can.   

I will try to reach out to Brian, Dave, and the others that have made requests, as soon as I can.

Stephen Hartson

Bjd.

• View Profile
Re: Publications Chairman Stephen Hartson still living?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:43:28 PM »
Stephan, thanks for doing a thankless job! Unfortunately lack of volunteers is a problem everywhere. People are better at bitching than they are at helping! Good luck!