Author Topic: An Eagle Wannabe  (Read 3057 times)

Craig Allen

An Eagle Wannabe
« on: July 19, 2018, 08:35:27 AM »
Recently I sold my Eagle highwheel bicycle that I built in 1994. Over the years while the bike was parked outside in front of my workshop, I would daydream about how extraordinary it would be for an actual Eagle to land on this bike. What an incredible and extraordinary photo that would make! An Eagle on an Eagle! There's a large population of Eagles nesting in the lower reaches of the Maurice River and oftentimes I can see them coasting and soaring on the air currents high above my house. Well anyway, while the buyer and I were talking about the sale, whoosh, out of nowhere an Osprey came down and landed right on the handlebars! We both stood there in stunned silence. After just a few seconds while the bird looked at us, he took off again. Unfortunately there wouldn't have been time to take a photo even if my camera was ready. But since the bike is a repro, I'll have to settle for an Eagle Wannabe. It was soooo coool!

55inchwheel

• View Profile
Re: An Eagle Wannabe
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »
Craig, no one can ever one-up-you on that event!
we'll never know if had landed there before just practicing for the big day when it could land there while you we in observance!

Ed Minas

• View Profile
Re: An Eagle Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:49:15 PM »
At work we always would say the eagle has landed when we recieved our pay checks.  Did you get payment for the eagle before or after the eagle landed on the eagle?  Lol