Author Topic: FOR SALE - 1884 56" Columbia Expert High Wheel Bicycle Serial # 1965  (Read 3414 times)

mike cates

• View Profile
I have what I'm estimating to be a 1884 56" Columbia Expert high wheel bicycle Serial #1965 in very straight and older restoration condition. Original dust shield with patent dates and original keeper clip at bottom.
Seat is incorrect but looks good and is useable. Original flat seat spring has slotted friction set screw with hex jam nut at center of keeper bracket. Single screw with hex nut steering adjustment (missing dome nut that would have been above hex nut). Tubular rear forks. Large flanged front hub. Missing all brake hardware and wire pants guard. Straight nickel plated handle bars with nice Art Hart made pear grips with nickel plated ferrules.
Very good rider with nice original solid crescent rims and true running wheels, all original spokes and new Hammel red rubber tires. Nice Columbia script ball bearing pedals and fixed oblong mounting step with two mounting screws top and bottom of step.
$5000 and I can ship at additional cost for crating and shipping cost.
I haven't seen a bicycle like this offered at Copake Antique Bicycle Auction 2020.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.com

PS: Dave where does this serial number fall in your Columbia records to better dial this bike in as to manufacturing date?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:25:21 PM by mike cates »

David Toppin

• View Profile
1884.  You know that rear fork isn't 85!  That rear seat clip is 84/5 too.  With that rear fork and that seat spring clip it is 84

mike cates

• View Profile
Re: FOR SALE - 1884 56" Columbia Expert High Wheel Bicycle Serial # 1965
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 11:38:01 PM »
Thanks Dave. Have you also checked the serial number against the list of Columbia bicycles recorded so far for dating the bicycle? If it is not on that list please list it to keep thing up to date.
Thanks,
Mike Cates, CA.

David Toppin

• View Profile
Re: FOR SALE - 1884 56" Columbia Expert High Wheel Bicycle Serial # 1965
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »
I have