Author Topic: What do you use to keep your High Wheeler from leaning against the wall?  (Read 5343 times)

Sped Man

• View Profile
I have a 52" Columbia high wheeler and it is starting to ruin my walls. I wish it had a kick stand, unfortunately it doesn't. I was wondering what you guys use on your big wheelers to keep them off the wall? Any suggestion would be appreciated. If you know of someone who has a bike stand for a 52" wheel please let me know. You can reach me at gonewiththebid2@aol.com Thanks
Eric

John Skocdopole

• View Profile
Larry Lunz has an ad in the newsletter for a High Wheel Stand. These two images were scarf from the net. Larry's stand is basically the same.
lunzridinghigh@aol.com

Sped Man

• View Profile
Thanks John for the info. I have contacted Larry just waiting for his reply. I found this online today. Not sure if it is a good idea or not. Has anyone tried one of these?

John Skocdopole

• View Profile
Not familiar with this one. My concern is it looks like its stressing individual spokes. :-X

Sped Man

• View Profile
I agree with you John it could distort the spokes. I am waiting for Larry to send me his bike stand.

Sped Man

• View Profile
I picked up a click stand for when I am riding my high wheel around town. It comes with a mounting bracket.

nyleblanck

• View Profile
I highly recommend the stand from Larry Lunz. I have one for each of my high wheel bikes and a few extra just in case any bikes follow me home ;)

Sped Man

• View Profile
Larry is the man when it comes to stands for these high wheels. I got mine two days ago. I painted it glossy black. It looks awesome. The bike stand fits it perfectly! Two thumbs way up for Larry! lunzridinghigh@aol.com. I thought that stand was going to cost me a small fortune. Larry is very reasonable when it comes to his prices. I also got the Quick Stand for my Columbia. Now I have a stand for home and for on the road. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:33:27 PM by Sped Man »

DelombardR

• View Profile
Not sure how you carry that long 'kick stand' while riding, but I sure hope it is far far from the front wheel!