Author Topic: 1890 LOZIER & YOST SPRUNG FORK HARD TIRE SAFETY GIANT NO. 4  (Read 2417 times)

mike cates

• View Profile
I am doing the final assembly on a restoration of an 1890 LOZIER & YOST GIANT NO. 4 hard tire safety. It features a unique articulated front fork with Bolte action springs that can be adjusted to the rider's weight and/or road conditions. Ball bearings to hubs, pedals and steering head. 30" wheels with 7/8" rear and 3/4" front red rubber tires. Saddle (not shown installed yet) has fresh leather. New stainless steel v-spokes. Rims are excellent originals.
I will get completed photos posted soon but it is for Sale now prior to it's final re assembly.
I have included a sample photo if you don't know what this very rare bicycle looks like and there are not many in existence compared to the many sprung fork Victors and Columbias out there.
This is an experienced collector's collectible and a key piece for any world-class antique bicycle collection.
I haven't seen a bicycle like this offered at Copake Antique Bicycle Auction 2020.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts Please
cates0321@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:30:13 AM by mike cates »