Author Topic: A MOTION PICTURE OF PARIS STREET SCENES .. Circa 1896-1900.  (Read 3095 times)

LORNE-SHIELDS

• View Profile
A MOTION PICTURE OF PARIS STREET SCENES .. Circa 1896-1900.
« on: September 30, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
PARIS circa 1896/1900.  Some bicycles ... fascinating none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjDclfAFRB4&feature=youtu.be 

ENJOY

Lorne Shields

Craig Allen

Re: A MOTION PICTURE OF PARIS STREET SCENES .. Circa 1896-1900.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »
Very nice, but I'm sure sound on motion pictures didn't come until many years later.
It's always interesting to watch these turn of the century  busy street scenes with no accidents taking place especially before traffic laws came to be. Just goes to prove how people are capable of conducting their own lives without busy body government beaurecrats and politicians telling us what to do, when and how often.

Wayne Batten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »
  Lorne,  You never cease to amaze me. Just a little narrative of this Motion. My memory is getting a little sketchy these days. I think Martin Scorsese was the director. In the beginning you see some safeties.I believe that was Gert Jon Moed, Ron Miller and Glen Norcliff. Part way through is Rick Wolf riding a cripper trike with a basket pedaling stuff for sale. Later is Curtis Anthony walking a long side of his wheel. Such a wonderful piece of history. OH, ITS ALL STARTING TO COME BACK TO ME NOW.

Wayne Batten

55inchwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »
this old movie with sound added was enjoyable watching. It reminded me of the sound of horses hooves on Mackinac island.