Author Topic: For sale - TOC Pope Columbia Model 41 (ladies)  (Read 2407 times)

Dick Rath

• View Profile
For sale - TOC Pope Columbia Model 41 (ladies)
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:59:45 PM »
NOTE: DRAMATICALLY REDUCED PRICE - NOW $3,000.

For sale: a recently completed full restoration of a 28" ladies TOC Pope-Columbia bicycle. Restored by; Time Machines Limited during the fall of 2018.  The frame and fork are finished in dark green ( 65% black ) sprayed enamel - hand rubbed between coats and and then polished with progressively finer 3M polishing compounds to a soft luster appropriate for the bikes age.  All brightwork has be re-nickel plated, the rims and rear fender were made by Noah Stutzman, rims replaced with Stainless steel double butted spokes with new nickel plate nipples. The bike is a fixed gear model with appropriate rear axel threaded mounting peg and the front fork is fitted with adjustable nickel plated coaster pegs. A period correct Lucas Nicke plated brass carbide lamp is attached with an extended neck mounting bracket. The rear fender skirt guard and chain guard are laced with tea-tied parachute cordage. The frame and fork are hand pin striped in gold-leaf enamel.  The front wheel compression hand brake functions perfectly, the original Pope Columbia pedal have be re-nickeled and fit with new reproduction Columbia rubbers. The leather wrapped hand grips are the originals and in excellent condition. The original block chain is slightly stretched but still has a way to go before it would need to be replaced.  As found, the bikes head badge, while still attached, had split vertically; it has been repaired using epoxy which provided a strong bond however the irregular seam can still be seen.  I've got "feelers" out trying to find an original badge but thus far none has surfaced.  While the bicycle is restored to show / museum quality it is also a reliable rider being equipped with rims fit with an internal full diameter aluminum insert made with a profile to accept, and lock in place, a modern 28"- (700 x 40c ) tire that can be inflated to between 60 and 70 psi.  The tires I chose are period correct all-creme color with no sidewall stripe or logo imprint. The tread pattern while not period correct is not obtrusive and actually look pretty good.  The rims were carefully ( and tediously ) finely pin striped in a black; and like the rear fender are finished with many coats of hand rubbed clear coat. Finally,  there is frame mounted functioning polished brass high quality tire pump.   

The price for this bike has been lowered 25 percent  to  $3,000.00. Shipping is available to anyplace on the planet via BikeFlight.com.  My charge for disassembly and careful packaging of the bike for shipment is $200.00.  There is also the option of customer pick here in Sebastian, Florida.

I'd be happy to provide specific detailed pictures to prospective purchasers who will include their email address with their request.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:28:38 PM by Dick Rath »