Author Topic: New Jersey Manufactured Bicycles  (Read 3237 times)

Wayne Batten

• View Profile
New Jersey Manufactured Bicycles
« on: October 30, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
   I am looking for New Jersey manufactured bicycles. Preferably original paint and accessories. Also, South Jersey most preferred, including head badges, literature, adds, and all memorabilia.

Wayne

Craig Allen

Re: New Jersey Manufactured Bicycles
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 07:31:35 AM »
Wayne, Since you are interested in the South Jersey stuff, from about 1899- 1901 there was a bike manufactured in Vineland called the "South Jersey Special". I'm still working on the Batten bike.

Wayne Batten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 01:37:30 PM »
  Craig,  The Homer bicycle was also produced in Vineland. But I am not sure if they were a manufacturer or if they assembled generic parts and put there own head badge with a homing pigeon as there logo.

Thanks, Wayne

Dick Rath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
Hello Wayne,  Just read your post but sadly I cannot help you in your quest for New Jersey built bicycles.  However, seeing you name here reminded me that when we spoke last April at Copake you told me about a Flea Market type event in central Florida that takes place twice each year; you were also kind enough to follow up with an email giving me the details.  As has happened to me once before, my laptop suddenly "blue screened" and all of that information is now somewhere in cyberspace.  Would you be so kind as to re-send that information to me.  We are now permanent resident's of Florida, with a home in Sebastian on the east coast,  and would love to enjoy a day at one or both of these events. Perhaps we could even arrange to meet at one if you are intending to attend.  My email address is the same as always:  angelasgrandpa@aol.com
Hoping all is well with you;
Dick

Keith Pariani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:57:47 AM »
Dick,
I believe the show that you are referring to is the tractor show in Avon Park , Florida. The show is put on by The Florida Flywheelers. Next show is Jan 16, 2019 and then again Feb 20, 2019.
The following weekend in Feb, another show, even bigger is in Zolfo Springs, Florida.
All our shows are late fall and early spring.
Keith