Author Topic: FASTENAL 3PL SHIPPING SERVICE  (Read 4196 times)

mike cates

• View Profile
FASTENAL 3PL SHIPPING SERVICE
« on: October 17, 2018, 01:09:17 AM »
I just learned that FASTENAL industrial fastener stores offer shipping for large and heavy crated items on their trucks for a great rate. You simply crate your bicycle, car engine, motorcycle, etc and take it to your nearest FASTENAL store and they unload your shipment and put it on the next FASTENAL warehouse truck and it's that easy.
Click on this link  https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(third-party-logistics)
Mike Cates, CA.

Wayne Batten

• View Profile
Re: FASTENAL 3PL SHIPPING SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:48:47 AM »
Mike,  Thanks for the info. Its good to know all the options when shipping bicycles around the world.

Wayne

55inchwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »
this is interesting information for shipping.  I went to their web page and noticed the following restrictions.

Fastenal Packaging Standards: Shipments must be fully enclosed inside wooden or metal crate, forklift accessible not to exceed 72” in length, width or height. No hazmat, fluids or forbidden commodities of any kind.

This rules out shipping bicycles in cardboard shipping cartons as I do with UPS, but, I'm sure for a large hiwheel it will work nicely.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:46:55 PM by 55inchwheel »

Craig Allen

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
Bike Flights also offers cheap rates through FedEx. I shipped a couple of bikes to California from Jersey this summer and it was close to one half the cost if it had been shipped regular FedEx. Bike Flights takes cardboard boxes.

AlanPonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
I've had very good results with Bikeflights also, but the Fastenal option does have possibilities for more expensive machines.

mike cates

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:11 AM »
From what I have inquired about, Bike flights won't take high wheel bicycles as they only take standard size road bike sized cartons OR custom plastic bicycle cases. They also have weight restrictions as well. Bike Flights are good for HTS, CTS, & PTS 28" or 30" wheeled bicycles though "if" you can break them down small enough to fit the standard sized boxes they ship. Greyhound Bus Lines also will take safety sized bicycles $99 coast-to-coast but you have to pick it up at larger Greyhound Bus stations and not the local smaller ones.
Mike Cates, CA.

mike cates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 01:21:53 AM »
My contact is:
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.com